Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tues. Sept. 23, 2008

I'm starting to sound redundant--prefect day for the jobs at hand. I got a powerwalk in before the last masting started. Everyone for the rest of the day were busy rigging, tuning installing sails & all those jobs we take weeks to do at each Spring. That's right, all must be done in less than 24 hrs. 'Sweet Chariot' must feel she has been through a 'haulout' shortly followed by a 'launch' in a matter of 6 week period. I got to thinking how much nicer it is to see our boats look like sailboats again. When I look at others waiting to mast today, I thought we must have looked like chuckwagons on water for 10 days. It also was laundry day today as well. That's right, we are at Castleton-on-Hudson for one more night. We will be pushing on towards The Big Apple tomorrow.

No comments: